Your mobile provider gives you a special email address that can be used for sending text messages to your phone. The mobile email addresses usually include your phone number and include a name for the mobile carrier. Since Android phones have several different operating systems, it is easier to utilize an app to access your email
Communication is the key to a successful work environment. In order to communicate effectively, it is vital to be connected and available. What better way to make yourself approachable than by having your work email as accessible as your Android smart phone? No matter what type of mobile device you use, it's easy to send and receive Email messages on the go.
Configuring your email account on your Android device is achievable through the Email application included on your phone by default. Within this application are the necessary tools for inputting all of your account information and server settings so your Android device can communicate with your email server. After the email account is properly set up on your device, you can begin to read and send email through the account, allowing you to remain in contact with your work clients and colleagues while away from the office.
· Contact the email administrator at your work to receive all of the necessary account and server settings information to configure your email account on a mobile device. You need to know the server type and server settings, as well as any additional port and security settings required for your server type.
· Unlock your Android device, and then press the "Application Menu" button.
· Tap the "Email" icon.
· Press the "Menu" button at the bottom of your phone, and then press "Add Account."
· Type your email address and password into their respective fields, and then press "Manual Setup."
· Touch the account type that corresponds to the settings provided by your email administrator.
· Enter the server settings provided by your administrator into their respective fields, and then tap "Next."
· Provide any additional requested information, and then press "Done."
· Type a name by which this account will be referred to on your Android phone, and then tap "Done" again.
If you have a mobile device, there are two main ways to access your Gmail account:
· Option 1: The native email app on your device. If you have multiple email accounts through different email providers (such as a personal email and a work email), you may find the native email application to be more convenient because it allows you to view and manage all of your messages in one place.
· Option 2: The official Gmail mobile app, available for iOS and Android. If you're already an experienced Gmail user, you may prefer using the official Gmail app. The app looks and feels similar to the desktop version, and it includes some custom Gmail features that may not be available in the native email app on your device.
When we'll send you emails
We'll use your email address to communicate with you in certain situations. For example, we'll email you when we need to:
- Help you access your account when you can't sign in or forget your password.
- Send you important security-related information about your account, like when there's unusual activity with your email address.
- Send you updates about your account, like when you're running out of storage space or when we've made a policy change.
- Deliver a receipt for your Play Store purchase.
- Send you updates about Google products and services that you've asked to receive.